Monday, January 17, 2011

You Can't Change People

You can't change people. You can't make decisions for them. This idea stuck me today. I think I am learning a lot about my life and things I will do, since my mission is coming up. I am getting ready to start my papers. I know we are given challenges in life. It's just not as hard as I thought it was going to be. I have to see my friends and family and acquaintances suffer with choices they make. I think seeing them struggle in their life, is teaching me to be a better father. I love these people, and I can't make their choices for them. This is how it is going to be in the case of my own subordinates. I have to learn now, so that I can be ready. This is why the church stresses so much to be yourself at all times. You can't teach or be an example, if you periodically change. It just won't happen. I know this is true with all my heart. To influence people you have to be influenced by God. Today's Martin Luther King day. Become your own influencer. Be yourself; don't change for others. Let them learn to love you as you are--but even better, know you love yourself as a person--and then you will be the change you wish to see in the world.



Follow the greatest influence.



No comments:

Post a Comment